Theory Test Contact Number
How Does The Theory Test Work? What Is Involved?
The driving theory test is made up of two parts; the multiple choice part and the hazard perception part. You need to pass both of these parts to succeed at the test.
If you pass one part, but fail the other, you will need to take the entire test again, rather than just the part you failed.
In the multiple choice part of the exam, the types of questions you are asked will depend on the category of vehicle you are taking the test for. An example of this would be a motorcycle test that would ask questions that wouldn’t appear on a car test.
The hazard perception part of the test is always the same, although different vehicles have different pass marks.
Booking Your Driving Theory Test Online
You can book your driving theory test for cars, motorbikes, buses, coaches and lorries online.
Rather than going through the Driving Standards Agency, also known as the DSA, as has been the case in the past, you will now book your theory test through the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency — the DVSA. This is because the DSA and VOSA (Vehicle Operator Services Agency) have merged to form the DVSA.
Before you start to arrange your driving theory test online, you will need to make sure you have:
- Your UK or Northern Ireland provisional driving licence number
- An email address that can receive your booking confirmation- you won’t be able to make an online booking without one
The cost of booking your driving theory test is
- Car Theory Test – £25
- Car Abridged Theory Test – £19
- Motorcycle Theory Test- £25
Payments can be made by either credit or debit card.
To log in to arrange your driving theory test, you will need to supply the following information:
- Your Surname
- This is shown on the first line of your driving licence. You must enter this exactly as it appears on your driving licence
- Your First Name(s)
- These are shown on the second line of your driving licence. This must also be entered exactly as it appears on your licence
- Your Driving Licence Number
- This is on the fifth line of your driving licence and will follow the format ABCDE123456AB1AB
- Your Date of Birth
- This is shown on the third line of your driving licence
Help With Issues When Booking
You won’t be able to take your test straight away if you don’t pass; you will have to wait at least 3 working days before taking it again.
It takes around 10 minutes to make an online booking and you will need to be able to pay the fee by either credit or debit card.
Other Ways To Contact The DVSA About Your Theory Test
You can contact the DVSA by either phone or email. The opening hours of these services are Monday to Friday 8am till 4pm.
You can also contact them by post at:
PO BOX 381